Genesis 1-3/Matthew 1-2
What’s the Point? Beginning.
Genesis 1:1-5 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was empty, a formless mass cloaked in darkness. And the Spirit of God was hovering over its surface. Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that it was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” Together these made up one day.
3:1-5 Now the serpent was the shrewdest of all the creatures the LORD God had made. “Really?” he asked the woman. “Did God really say you must not eat any of the fruit in the garden?”
“Of course we may eat it,” the woman told him. “It’s only the fruit from the tree at the center of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God says we must not eat it or even touch it, or we will die.”
“You won’t die!” the serpent hissed. “God knows that your eyes will be opened when you eat it. You will become just like God, knowing everything, both good and evil.”
– 1:18 Now this is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit.
:23 “Look! The virgin will conceive a child!She will give birth to a son, and he will be called Immanuel(meaning, God is with us).”
OT Flash Points:
• In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
• God created order out of chaos.
• God sang a brooding song over the deep darkness, a vibration of oscillation which marked and held “time” in boundaries we call moments of varying lengths from milliseconds to eons
• God created “light,” the basic material of all matter. Strings of light oscillating at different frequencies which is responsible for the varied properties.
• God created space by arranging those strands of varied frequencies of light as a sculptor leaving specific expanses of space void of light.
These arrangements formed the elements depending on their concentrations of frequencies.
• First, varied forms of water, etc
• Adam = Man, humans
• Eve = the woMan, mother to all Men (Steve doesn’t have the equipment, no matter how many operations or help from society he gets)
NT Flash Points:
• The genealogy of Jesus
• Abraham, David, Solomon
• Why? What do these genealogies mean?
• Keep to the Point.
• Don’t be detoured by other considerations
• Surrender and obey on the exact point He has presented