Genesis 4-6/Matthew 3-4
Turn, Turn, Turn
Genesis– 4:9 Afterward the LORD asked Cain, “Where is your brother? Where is Abel?”
“I don’t know!” Cain retorted. “Am I supposed to keep track of him wherever he goes?”
– 6:22 So Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him.
Matthew– 3:15 But Jesus said, “It must be done, because we must do everything that is right.” So then John baptized him.
– 4:4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,`People need more than bread for their life;they must feed on every word of God.’”
– :7 Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say, `Do not test the Lord your God.'”
– :10 “Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say,`You must worship the Lord your God;serve only him.'”
– :17 From then on, Jesus began to preach, “Turn from your sins and turn to God, because the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”
– :19 Jesus called out to them, “Come, be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for people!”
OT Flash Points:
• Offering – not about what you do for a living but what God requires. The question is, do I care what He wants, or do I think my best should be good enough.
• Obedience is the master over the sin that crouches at the door waiting to master the disobedient. Life out of the Garden becomes a test, deciding who wants to spend eternity with their Creator.
• Descendants of Cain – murderers, vengeful
• Descendants of Seth – the image of his father
NT Flash Points:
• “This is My Son and I am very pleased with Him.”
• The image of His father
“Turn from your sins, turn to God, the Kingdom of Heaven is near!”